- Sticky clutch – replacement kit purchase + fitting labor
- Failed EVAP – replace
- Flush and replace oil with the correct grade
- One inner CV boot and retainer ring fitting
- Disc renewal penalty fees
- Replacement gas cable
- Road Worthy testing fee
- Cross-member mounting components
- Transmission re-threading
Re-attempting the sales at the moment
We are currently unsure if we simply are mis-interpreting the subject statement or that there just seem to be a tendency to keep a blind eye toward the same by car sellers generally.
Yes there seemed to be a great many unlicensed cars that are offered (in good faith) by both private as well as established used cars dealers. So much indeed that we were for sometime now brought to reconsider the sales attempt. The worst that could happen so it seems is a traffic fine. Which if we should indeed receive shall at once abort the sales attempt. Until then, we shall leave the alms campaign as ended. We also aim to update accordingly.
Evidently unable to sell as purposed, but...
My learner’s license recently expired (13th June). And this must sadly mean that it should be even more difficult to take the car by the roadside every morning – to attempt the sales as I now stand as one who is not permitted to operate a vehicle. One of the care-takers at our current rental premises has however expressed interest on the car. He says to can only afford installments (possibly with a deposit) though. No conclusions have been made toward this but it seems it may be the best way way to dispose of the car at a price outside a miracle. We could use any of these possible funds to subsidies living expense while we wait to see what should become of the ministry work we are through grace consecrating to. As it appears like we must shelf the desired relocation until further notice. This alms campaign shall there continue as ended until there is more information on the possible sales.
Holding out hands again for possible alms towards this
It has been over a month and half now and we have yet to hear from the brother last reported to have expressed interest on the car. Which I now take he must have aggregated all and concluded it was not wise to thus proceed. I did fear it could end up this way as it seemed he insisted I extend the offer to him only because he had yet to hear of the car’s woes.
This of cause means that our issue remains unresolved. Financially enabled saints will therefore please consider the whole and kindly extend any disposable alms should we appear at all worthy to be thus honored. Yes we would heartily appreciate regaining legal use of the car – which until then must essentially remain parked.
Sales reattempted without much encouragement
We once again came to consider reattempting the car sales. Through hiring this one licensed cousin – who would then try and take the car by the road on my behalf. On a US$12 per day rate (from 9AM-5PM). This was all we could afford and I recalled he himself had once mentioned it was the average acceptable daily rate. While he seemed quite optimistic about it at first – he came back fairly worked out by the end of the day. Suggesting I should remove the pieces of papers containing the issues of the car and leave only the ones with the asked price and road worthy information. I of course contended that while I agreed that they they must be working to our disadvantage, that I felt dealing thus was demanded of me as a Christian professor. That it essentially rather not sell than that our buyer should make an uninformed decision.
A buyer for the KIA
The same cousin who was hired to retry the KiA sales last came over around the 19th of Dec – looking to borrow some tools for to try and working on their pickup truck. During which visit we got speaking about the KIA again. As we thus mused on the matter, he suggested we try this one towing and scrap dealer for it. Well, we had contacted the same brother back in 2018 regarding one towing work and had also been at his yard twice for used parts for Gogo’s Corolla. However he surprisingly never came to mind (neither to that of mine nor his) during our previous sales attempts. We accordingly phoned this brother and he promised a visit. He then showed up later that day – and bought the car without asking much questions. He of cause did not give up much for it (R7000) – however cindering the fact that we stood at one point ready to let it go for way less than what he paid, we found the amount quite liberal. Having just availed exactly the same amount in personal loan as per the journal here, we then could very conveniently afford the long desired relocation. More on this from the journal entry here.