Amongst other ministration projects, the likeChrist Ministries (a Non Profit Company) is committing to create and make available Christian wholesome/friendly children games for mainly Android and PC. Primarily to help little ones pass the time in a manner that neither dishonors the Godhead nor retard any godly upbringing efforts made on them thus far. All the while ever ready to embrace every chance to educate or spiritually edify therewith whenever presented. We are persuaded that godly upbringing can (or must) indeed be retarded whenever our little ones settle on passing the time over ‘carelessly’ made game resources. Particularly since games tend to iterate on real life events.
We therefore reckon that our little ones can greatly benefit from Christian-developed computer game resources. Below are some example pitfalls of game resources developed by the non-believers.
- Inappropriate ads: Admittedly, there are many sad games out there that are not even worth being discussed. But at the same time, there are those that, while not perfect, could be usable. Unfortunately, free versions of these may come containing ads (hardcoded or hooked to ad networks). Some of which served ads are found inappropriate not only to the kids but even to parents or guardians who may need to administer the game somehow. Some developers will hardcode advertisements of their other games on one game (including paid games). Which other games may be inappropriate. As well, many of these free game have no option to pay for removal of ads.
- Retards godly upbringing: As one may expect, the world or life portrayed on games developed by the godless have no place for (or active role of) God of the Bible in them. Trampling underfoot Christian doctrines by directly encouraging that which scriptures forbid – such as violence, sensuality, idolatry, greed, arrogance, emulation, etc. All of which cannot be conducive to godly upbringing. And because non-believing developers have no Christian consideration, its easy for even their hopeful ‘children’ game resources to be found spotted with materially vile content that renders the whole loathsome. Leaving us to decide if we shall compromise or discard the game resource.
The aggregate of which makes sourcing wholesome computer game resources for our little ones a lot hard (And reckon brethren who have young children can testify to all this).
We are therefore hereby appealing for financial assistance from all brethren who perceives our purpose. And we shall (with any such available funds) seek to develop and make available more Christian wholesome children games – harnessing the help of skilled freelancers (who should ever work as per our blueprints) whenever necessary. Which approach should help us ensure that Christian wholesome integrity is ever ascertained even on outsourced help.
Below are links to some of our feebly-made demo game applications (Windows/Android) for any considerate saint willing to test and judge for themselves. They were made with constricted resources which may have led to poor quality here and there.
- Kids Tap 2D ideal for toddlers looking to tap away: Link for Android (Play Store)
- Kids Loop Taxi 2D ideal for little ones that are 3+: Link For Android (via Play Store) & Link For Windows (zip)
- Kids Trains & Letters ideal for learning to construct words with letters: Link for Android(Play Store)
NB. Because the Play Store does not always offer a Christian sympathetic interface, we recommend saints consider to access it using this app utility.